Swords in Rock (Swords in the mountain a) is a monument located in the fjord Hafrsfjord on the outskirts of the city of Stavanger (Norway). It was created by sculptor originally from Bryne, Fritz Røed and unveiled by King Olav V in 1983.
Basically there are three massive swords to clear invoice Viking, stuck on a rocky promontory, overlooking the fjord. Yo, I've always said filonórdico ( and now more reason than ever ), I am excited to think of a monument with such force, epic, and discretion, especially when where I live, as I aspire to is to see this :
Indeed, with this illustrates what is for me not to be discerning when it comes to erecting a monument.
Swords in Rock commemorates the Battle of Hafrsfjor d, where King Harald the Rubio unified the territory of the present Norway under one crown, the date of the battle is accepted traditionally as the foundation of the Norwegian State. For a long time believed that it had taken place in 872 , however, subsequent revisions are not so clear and set in sometime between dren to 80 of the ninth century and 900 . The sword represents the longest the victor's Harald, while the other two represent the two rival kings. Being stuck in the rock, where they can not be moved, the swords also represent peace. After the battle of Hafrsjord Norway entered a golden age after a ninth century of constant warfare.
EPIC.
0 comments:
Post a Comment